2.04.2012

Oh, what a day...


I've been on pins and needles, feeling blah since about 7pm last night. I got a second interview for that job I've been excited about and am anxiously awaiting the phone call that will tell me if my search shall continue on or if someone will be giving me a chance to learn and apply myself to something new. Obviously I prefer the latter and hope to be in training very soon, but we shall see.

Besides that I've been thinking seriously about the apartment and how badly I want draw out the full floor plan of all the things I want to do. I've been waiting to see if the hubby will draw out the deck plan, but I think he's forgotten. I think I shall try again myself. I mean, I am the girl who thinks she wants to be/could be a landscape designer!

Anyhoo, pretty much the whole place needs some love. The kitchen is laid out very badly, what with it being near impossible for two people to be in there at once and the fact that half of the cabinets are not all that accessible. It makes me very happy to cook with Gary, but very frustrating that we're constantly bumping into each other.

There is a small dining area off to the left of the kitchen, but it feels so removed from the living room, yet it all is one big room. We want to do away with the "dining room" and have the whole dining/kitchen section be one decent sized kitchen and have a island/bar area to dine.

The bathroom and laundry room also need help. The bathroom is... teeny...weeny...tiny. It makes me claustrophobic. My bathroom in the model apartment in Paris was bigger! A simple paint job with a new vanity would probably be enough to make me feel less alienated about going in there. I already know I want to do a caribbean teal with dark wood. I'm aiming for classy and modern, without an ounce of kitsch or "theme" room.

As for the laundry room, I just got the latest issue of Lowe's Creative Ideas and this basic plan has me all kinds of excited...

via Lowe's Creative Ideas
My laundry room isn't that wide unfortunately, but I can make more counter space by stacking a new washer/dryer (yes, something I definitely need!). Having set spaces to put laundry baskets and hang line dry clothes would be so amazing. I'm tired of having to hang them in the doorway then hearing Gary whine about being unable to go into the laundry room for fear of knocking the clothes down. Being without those little problems seems like such a good way to take the silly little fights out of marriage!

Well, it is off to bed with me now. I will begin working on a drawing of my current floor plan and the changes I would like to make tomorrow and hopefully have them up by the beginning of next week.

 Nighty, night!

xoxo,
    Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment